You might not have met Pedro before, but you can thank him for your clean home.
You see, Pedro oversees the care and training of our cleaners, and is the one who comes up with ideas for thoughtful little touches we make to your place.
He’s also an incredible baker and responsible for that tart we shared on Instagram.
The responses to the tart photos all went something like… ‘I need a Pedro to make this for me!’ So we did the next best thing and got the recipe for you (which you’ll find below).
240 g all-purpose flour
75 g granulated white sugar
Zest of one lime, lemon or orange
1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
150 g unsalted butter (cubed).
1 large egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
180 g Dark Chocolate 45%
100 g Dark Chocolate 70%
180 g Milk Chocolate
75 g unsalted butter (not margarine, spread)
1 tbsp glucose
1 3/4 cup thickened cream (simmered)
250 g fresh strawberries
125 g fresh blueberries
125 g fresh raspberries
80 g fresh blackberries
Chopped roasted cashews (decoration)
For the crust:
1. Combine the flour, sugar, lime zest and salt on a clean bench top.
2. Add the cold cubed butter and mix properly until you cannot see any distinguishable pieces. (It is important to keep the butter cold so it won’t get melted while kneading). You can use a food processor instead.
3. Once the butter has been well incorporated, add the egg yolk and the vanilla essence. Keep kneading until everything is well combined. Between 5 and 8 minutes. Not longer because the butter will start melting and we don’t want this to happen. The dough will resemble cookie dough.
4. Press the dough into a disc, and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate it between 1-2 hours.
5. Take the dough out of the fridge and leave it resting for 15 min until it is easy to handle.
6. Preheat the oven to 180-190 C.
7. Lightly grease a 25cm tart pan with a removable bottom and set a side.8. Roll the dough using two sheets of baking paper and a rolling pin into a disc of 0.5 cm.
8. Roll the dough into the greased tart pan (0.5 cm thickness). You will have some leftovers.
9. Pierce the bottom of the tart with a fork.
10. Place the tart pan in the center of the oven and bake it for 30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked.
11. Transfer to a wire rack and let it cool completely before adding the chocolate ganache.
For the Chocolate Ganache:
1. In a medium heatproof bowl, combine the chopped dark chocolate, chopped milk chocolate, unsalted butter and glucose.
2. Using a small saucepan, heat the thickened cream until it starts to simmer over medium-low flame.
3. Remove from the heat and pour the thickened cream over the chocolate, butter and glucose. Set aside for 2 minutes.
4. Using a rubber spatula, stir the mixture until everything has melted and it has a smooth consistency.
1. While waiting to the tart crust to cool down, prepare the chocolate ganache.
2. Once everything is cool, pour the chocolate ganache into the tart case.
3. Finish it off with the fresh berries and cashews.
4. Refrigerate the tart and eat it within 3 days.