We don’t just talk the eco-friendly talk at Family Clean, we walk the walk with low-carbon footprints wherever we can. Despite our efforts we know that there is always more we can do to be greener, especially where chemicals are concerned. Natural products are better for our home, for our health, and for the environment – so we’re setting a June challenge of doing something every day that will make us even greener, and we’re asking you to join in!
Here are some tips to get you started:
- Stop buying newspapers and read them online
- Take your lunch in a bento box so no cling film is required. Biome has a good range of environmentally responsible lunch boxes and drink bottles.
- If you regularly buy coffee on the way to work, take your own travel mug.
- Stop using standby. Turn things off completely when not in use, including your laptop
- Recycle everything you can – only 17% of plastics in Queensland are actually recycled
- Stop using disposable paper towels and napkins.
- If you buy magazines, share them once you’ve finished. Friends, schools, hospitals and doctors’ surgeries are usually very grateful for them.
- Meal plan and get creative with leftovers to reduce food waste.
- Check your tyre pressure and empty your boot of all the unnecessary junk you carry in there to improve your fuel efficiency.
- A full freezer runs more efficiently than an empty one, so do some batch cooking & freeze. It will save save on cooking and cleaning energy as well.
Keep an eye out for upcoming blog posts which will help you make your home as environmentally friendly as possible, and if you have any tips you want to share then post them on our Facebook wall – we’d love to read them!
Family Clean Team x