Housework – we all have to do it, but barely anyone enjoys it.
As professional cleaners, we know a few tricks and thought we’d round up the best of the best here, for your cleaning pleasure. ;o)
- Eucalyptus oil is your friend! It’s perfect for getting rid of that sticky residue left behind by old stickers, tape, price tags, you name it. You can buy it from the supermarket health and beauty section for less than $10 a bottle (and it lasts ages!).
- Remove the dents left by furniture from your carpet with ice cubes – perfect if you’re moving out of a rental property or just rearranging the furniture.
- Microwave your kitchen sponge for 30 seconds to disinfect it. Quick and easy!
- Time yourself. If you know giving the bathroom a once-over only takes 10 minutes, it doesn’t seem like such a hassle. You can even have fun with it – set a timer and see how much you can get done when you focus.
- Clothes all have little symbols on their tags telling you how to care for them. But, if you don’t know what the symbols mean, it’s not much help! Print this handy chart out and stick it above the washing machine.
- Use a pink pearl eraser to get finger prints off wooden furniture.
- Eliminate burnt-on saucepan stains with el-cheapo cola. Pour in enough to cover the problem area, boil, then tip out. The burnt part should tip out with it.