January is the time when people stop and take stock of their life. They might write a list of ambitious goals they want to achieve or ways they can make this year better/easier/more enriching than last. Forget the “New Year, New You” nonsense. There’s nothing wrong with the old you! As a society, we spend a lot of time and energy on things that aren’t important, and it is easy to get lost in everyday life.
Make this the year you clean out of your life so you can once again see and enjoy what is important.
Here are some typical time and energy suckers we will be addressing in our blog posts over the next few weeks…
- Social media – who hasn’t fallen in a Facebook black hole only to emerge an hour later completely up to date with everyone else’s lives but with no idea of what your kids did at school that day?
- Negative people – life is too short to spend time with those who make you feel bad.
- Excessive choice – do we actually need a dozen options for every product?
- Technology – used well, technology can save time and simplify things, but when you have five remotes, and you can’t find the one that turns on the TV, then it’s time to take stock.
- Having too much “stuff” – wading through mountains of things you never use or don’t particularly like to find what you need is so frustrating.
- Trying to be perfect at everything – celebrate your strengths. Accept that, while your life might not look as perfect as those you follow on Instagram, chances are their lives don’t look like that either!
Realign your lives with what is important to you. Treat yourself this week and do something you love because otherwise, what is it all for?
Family Clean had a fantastic 2016. We have started 2017 by doing even more to take care of our customers so you can take care of yourself. Not only have we added flexible premium inclusions into our Regular Cleaning Service to meet your needs, but we have also expanded our service to include the Gold Coast.